Principal Technical Recruiter - Uber Freight
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Talent Acquisition teams find, attract, and hire the world's greatest minds to join Uber.
About the Role
Uber Freight is the fastest growing logistics company the United States has ever seen. We are only scratching the surface as we work to extend our service globally and as such, our team continues to grow at an exponential rate.
As a Principal Technical Recruiter, you will support Uber Freight's Engineering teams across North America and support the Director of Engineering to scale teams across all of our North American offices and own the hiring strategy for attracting the brightest technical minds in the world.
What You'll Do
- Liaise with senior business leaders as their primary point of contact for all strategic hiring needs
- Partner with sourcing team to manage the pipeline while maintaining efficiency
- Create and deploy effective closing strategies through the alignment of candidate motivations and expectations with Uber's value proposition and employment offer terms
- Provide strong candidate experiences from beginning to end through open communication, clear expectation setting, and accurate matching between candidate skill sets and company needs
- Interpret and leverage data to build and design process improvements
- Identify and understand hiring partner interests and provide recommendations to solve complex hiring challenges
- Provide recommendations and potential implications and impact of a hire
- Serve as a connector between the business and other People teams
- Drive the offer process by building rapport and maximizing resources to influence and be an advisor to candidates
- Be an active mentor to other members of the team
- Minimum of 7+ years of total professional experience
- 8+ years of experience in recruiting or talent acquisition preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing processes derived from data analysis
- Experience with ICims or other ATS
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of Software, Data Science, Product, Operations, and other relevant job profiles
- Excellent command of data and analytics and proven success in data driven organizations; proficient in using data to guide decisions and change
- Ability to partner with a wide variety of clients, including senior level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates within the aligned organization
- Ability to balance the role of strategist with urgency while simultaneously managing delivering results in a growing and very fast-paced environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber