Front End Engineer - Service Config & Deploy
About the team
The Service, Config, and Deployment team builds Uber's microservice platform managing the lifecycle and the deployment of config and code for all the microservices running in Uber's data centers. Our mission is to build a microservice and configuration platform that enables product engineers to create, scaffold, deploy, scale, and setup their services and configuration reliably, safely and easily.
We have great opportunities ahead to provide Uber's engineers with a best in class cloud-like experience for managing their services. We are building a truly globally distributed system that enables our product engineers to seamlessly scale their services without worrying about underlying infrastructure.
Engineers on the team have a direct impact on the way our system looks and feels like. They talk directly with our users and stakeholders to ensure all needs are met and the users are productive and happy.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- BS, MS or PhD degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent Coding abilities
- An eye for product design and a desire to provide great user experiences
- Experience with React or a similar technology
- Ability to drive complex projects from idea to launch and beyond
- Love building distributed systems at (very) large scale
- Experience with deployment systems and microservice architecture is an added benefit
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber