Sr Software Engineer - Frontend/Fullstack - U4B
About the Role
As a Front End Engineer you'll collaborate with a larger team of engineers to drive front-end development standards and work continually to enhance customer facing features and frontend platforms. This is an opportunity and challenge to make an impact in the real world using exciting and new technologies.
_About The Role
_As a Front End Engineer you'll collaborate with a larger team of engineers to drive front-end development standards and work continually to enhance customer facing features. This is an opportunity and challenge to make an impact in the real world using exciting and new technologies.
_What You'll Do
- Work on Uber's most complex web applications by designing, implementing, and unit testing the frontend application code.
- Build a next gen UI using the latest technologies: React, Redux, Sass, ES2016
- Help teams with helping with defining an architecture that would scale and also encourage best practices.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Goto person to get clarity of problem statements and also can breakdown into meaningful tasks.
- Promote and demonstrate problem-specific expertise in delivering results (e.g. for research engineers you apply domain knowledge and research skills.
Integrate with more than 40 upstream services while still providing users super fast response times.
What You'll Need
* 6+ years of software engineering experience focused on web development.
- Hands on experience in architecting large scale frontend applications.
- Have in-depth understanding of application performance and scalability Experience working on open-source projects, building frameworks, ui platforms at scale.
- Deep understanding of Web and Information Security concepts and concerns, such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- An expert in debugging and profiling Browsers and Node.js, and understand ways to decrease page load speed and runtime slowdowns
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber