Senior Software Engineer, Developer Experience
About the Role
Uber is on the lookout for top-notch engineers who are looking to unleash the next wave of growth at Uber by multiplying the developer productivity. This role involves designing, developing and scaling a robust Go platform and tools to solve Uber's unique build, code and dependency management challenges. You will help delight our engineering teams, and enable the whole engineering organization to iterate rapidly.
We create and contribute to open source software and collaborate with other industry leading tech companies with the belief that every developer should be productive.
What You'll Do
- Partner with fellow engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Uber's distributed build platform
- Provide initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Uber's engineering processes.
- Deliver and review technical design, code and documentation.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- Manage upstream and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, gather requirements and enable successful adoption of build infrastructure.
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in developing/operating high performance and large scale distributed systems in production.
- Sound understanding of fundamentals and principles of distributed systems.
- Expert level in one of the following programming languages: Go, Java, C/C++, Python or C#.
- Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- A good understanding of operating and scaling large-scale distributed systems in practice including application security, monitoring and managing incidents.
- Strong attention to detail
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber