Staff Software Engineer
About the Role
Uber for Business(U4B) is one of the fastest-growing key businesses at Uber. As a staff software engineer on U4B Bangalore team, you will be leading architecture and tech strategy for B2B platforms and products that supports various business cases (e.g., U4B Rides, Uber Health, Vouchers, E4B, 3P APIs, Fraud), managing hundreds of millions of transactions over 300K organizations and solving high business impact yet challenging problems along with a great team. Come and join us!
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Lead the architecture design on building a true B2B platform within Uber.
- Architect U4B platform systems to be more generic in order to support various fast-growing products (e.g., U4B Rides, Uber Health, Vouchers, E4B, 3P APIs, Fraud)
- Design and build extensible new features in organization, employee management, fraud MOs, money movement, billing and reporting.
- Provide this functionality to 3rd parties vendor/developers by designing Uber APIs ecosystem.
- Enhance and modernize the existing systems to be more reliable and efficient
- Promote and demonstrate problem-specific expertise in delivering results (e.g. for research engineers you apply domain knowledge and research skills.
- Adapt and optimize key pieces of Uber's evolving infrastructure to U4B platform systems
- Set best engineering practices
- Actively mentor and teach junior engineers and deeply engage with each one and set them up for success.
- Help teams with helping with defining north star, vision and with direction to create robust solutions that would scale for years to come.
- Influence and impact a best-in-class customer experience in your group and contribute to overall customer experience in your area.
- Lead cross-team efforts that deliver meaningful results across engineering, product, and/or design.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- 14+ years of full-time engineering experience
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and help lead multiple teams in solving them.
- Experience with building high performance distributed systems that can scale to 10,000s QPS.
---- Bonus Points ----
- Domain experience in Fraud and Risk systems
- Good tech background on handling FE architecture of SaaS products
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber