Senior Technical Program Manager, Compliance
About the Role
The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role in structuring and executing impactful org-wide initiatives to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations.
As a senior TPM focusing on compliance requirements for the Driver team, you will help ensure that that team's engineering work will balance access to our systems while ensuring Uber's compliance with the diverse requirements established in the numerous markets in which we operate. This role will be central in setting the path for future processes and technologies to ensure we operate safely, efficiently, and within the bounds of the regulatory requirements.
TPMs move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the company, thrive in a dynamic work environment, and are able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects with ease. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with partners at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
What the candidate will do:
Uber operates at scale in a number of highly regulated, driven environments, and this TPM role will require balancing regulatory requirements with the ability to move quickly at a substantial scale. In this senior role, you will lead a critical compliance partnership between Regulatory, Compliance, Product, and Engineering partners.
The primary objective for this compliance role is to enable the technical ambitions of the company while maintaining the highest standards of compliance. As rules and regulations evolve, so, do we.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a TPM or Engineering Manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Experience working with teams in high-tech environments on projects to achieve compliance with government regulations.
- Strong technical experience in platform development at scale.
- Experience with at least one regulatory or process compliance regime such as SOX, HIPAA, PCI, PSD2, ISO 27001, or equivalent.
- Proven technical aptitude and understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- A strong understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Shown strong cross-team and cross-org stakeholder management. Ability to influence, motivate, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth seeking. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber