Counsel, Commercial & COE
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional attorney to join Uber's Commercial & Center of Excellence Legal team. The Commercial & COE Legal team is group of legal professionals who are committed to providing high quality legal support in handling commercial transactions for multiple business units and functions across Uber. We are searching for a Counsel to join our team who, not only has a passion for driving deals to closure, but also has a passion for implementing best practices in our templates, playbooks, and training.
If you want to complete commercial transactions, manage diligence and post acquisition integration while adhering to best practices in corporate governance, we want to hear from you! This position may be based in San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
What You'll Do
- Work cross functionally to perform M&A due diligence and integration for the Commercial team.
- Participate in the administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Develop framework, checklist and plan for streamlining post acquisition integration.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including NDAs, partnership, vendor, supplier, software license agreements, and other commercial agreements as needed.
- Drive best practices in multiple legal projects, ranging from drafting contract templates, playbooks, contract management policies and legal support processes, with the goal of providing efficient and timely legal support to clients.
- Work directly with business clients to help them identify potential legal issues and mitigate risk.
- Train clients on company policies and processes.
- A minimum of five (5+) years of experience as a practicing attorney in-house at a technology company and/or in private practice working on matters for a technology company.
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state is required.
- Experience handling M&A due diligence and/or driving integration.
- Passion for driving deals to closure and a desire to have a big impact.
- Excellent negotiation, written, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Must be a self-starter who will be able to identify the important issues/gaps, work diligently, prioritize, meet deadlines, and efficiently to drive resolution.
- Collaborative approach with business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining and proactively anticipating issues.
- Ability to confidently operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing, matrixed environment.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to be part of a cohesive and collaborative team environment.
- Enthusiastic about Uber and our mission! This is a chance for you to join a challenging and inspiring environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Together we create an innovative environment that drives Uber forward. If you are the right person for the role you will be part of a fantastic journey in a dynamic business.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber