Internal Audit Senior Manager - Payments
About the Role
This Internal Audit Senior Manager - Payments owns the stakeholder relationship with a cross section of senior leaders over the Payments function globally and a Line of Business or region, and maintains effective leadership presence, expertise and contribution over those areas.
What You'll Do
- Performs advanced-level and/or managerial professional internal auditing projects.
- Provides significant input to the development of the annual Internal Audit playbook to ensure optimal coverage of Payment risks; all with an emphasis on a value-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of their objectives.
- Delivers, at the speed of the business, measurable value to the Company from both value protection and value creation perspective.
- Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards, and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Provides insight and foresight to management and acts as a respected governance partner & advisor.
- Exercises very effective people leadership and partner management
- Manages IA operations in a subset of the global org, executes a selection of IA projects locally or globally, and contributes to IA projects of other IA senior leaders
- Assists the IA Senior Leadership Team with the management, planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring of IA operations, with a focus on effective resource and project management, and the coaching and development of IA team members
- Identifies improvement opportunities and participates in the continuous enhancement of Internal Audit processes
- Ensures operational excellence and the delivery of projects on time, on budget and at optimal quality; this includes establishing effective project plans, reviewing execution, ensuring the use of optimal methodologies, tools and techniques, and assisting professionals in removing roadblocks
- Drafts Internal Audit reports, presents observations, and validates remediation actions and deadlines from management
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented stakeholder and staff relationships
- Provides people leadership to Managers or Individual Contributors on the Internal Audit team
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, local board meetings, and with external organizations
- Performs related work as assigned by the CAE or Director of Internal Audit
- A minimum of 10 years IA or a risk management function in the payments industry or related financial services field, including 4+ years with managerial responsibilities
- Comprehensive understanding of financial services risk management frameworks, money licensing requirements and experience working in FinTech or start-up environments.
- Strong risk-minded individual with extensive experience in the following:
- managing audits within a sophisticated/global operational and regulatory environment
- evaluating controls associated with complex business processes and systems in a microservice oriented architecture
- working cross-functionally with diverse teams including Product, Engineering, Compliance and Operations
- serving as a trusted risk advisor to management and senior leadership in areas of payments and regulatory compliance for scalable and long term recommendations
- Good working knowledge in all of the following subjects: AML, consumer protection regulations, cybersecurity, payments processing operations across the entire life cycle (set-up/onboarding, collections, settlement, refunds, etc.) and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Exceptional executive presence, influencing skills and the ability to discuss complex issues across all levels of the organization
- Strong supervisory and time management skills, including experience in managing a staff of diverse professionals
- CAMS, CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, or a related field though Graduate or Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience in multiple regulatory jurisdictions highly desired.
- Fluency in Spanish a big plus
- Solid understanding of SQL is required and experience of other languages, Go, Java, R, Python is a plus.
- Experience with the use of various Data analytics and Data Science tools such as Tableau, Celonis or others is highly preferred.
- Experience in using Data science and data analytics when conducting audit projects (possible use include exploratory, descriptive/visualization, predictive or causal purposes) is highly preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber