Marketplace Operations Lead - User Experience, Uber Eats - UK&I
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Strategy & Ops team empowers our regional and local teams through insights, analysis, and thought leadership.
About the Role
The Marketplace Operations team takes on some of the region's most complex problems. Projects require creative problem-solving, data-driven decision making and the ability to independently surface insights that lead to high-impact solutions. This is the team for a tenacious truth-seeker, who is passionate about solving Uber Eats toughest problems, possesses outstanding analytical and stakeholder management skills, attention to detail and a desire to contribute to projects at a mega-regional scale.
We're looking for an Operations Lead to drive our efforts in the User Experience space. The role is responsible for improving the experience for all users in the Uber Eats marketplace (i.e. consumers, couriers and restaurants), one of the business' top-priority focus areas, and will have P&L responsibilities. This role will dive into issues such as refunds and appeasements policies and processes and the user retention impact caused by negative user experiences.
With this, you will surface insights and produce recommendations to improve existing or develop new processes and products. This is not a one-person task though, and you will collaborate with regional and global stakeholders to turn your recommendations into reality.
- You'll proactively surface opportunities to drive operational excellence in the region and implement processes and product features to capitalise on these opportunities
- You'll examine issues and opportunities in great detail, and use data and insights to recommend sound business decisions, and design mitigation plans in the event that the business is adversely impacted
- You'll earn credibility amongst a diverse group of stakeholders - local and regional Operations and Community Operations teams around the world, and the Product, Engineering and Data Science organisations in San Francisco and NYC - and ensure projects continue moving to their completion despite tight deadlines
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Business Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Econometrics, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, having managed stakeholders and demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast paced working environment
- Outstanding data analytics skills:
- Advanced spreadsheet modelling/dashboarding
- Advanced SQL - build complex tables & queries
- Statistical analysis
- Passion for solving ambiguous and complex problems
- Ability to translate complex analytics into clear, concise and actionable communications
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber