Data Analyst II
The FinTech - Data Analytics team at Uber is looking for a skilled Data Analyst to join us and make significant contributions to our mission to streamline and optimize Finance infrastructure. In this position, you will get an amazing opportunity to play a critical role in implementing/building a wide array of financial systems and derive insights from financial data. You will work closely with senior leaders in Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Finance on fast moving, high-stakes problems. A deep analytical passion and the ability to execute on key business priorities is a must for this role (financial knowledge is not expected to apply for this role). Your performance is measured by the insights you give, effectiveness of communication, and the initiative to drive ideas and implement them into action.
What you'll need:
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Experience with either Python or R
- Experience working on analytics in accounting, finance areas
- Demonstrated aptitude toward data storytelling and root cause Analysis using data
- Ability to build models to detect anomalies and resolve financial imbalances
- Ability to understand critical interdependencies across functions and divisions, as well as the short and long-term trade-offs of business decisions.
What you'll do:
- Work with accounting, engineering, product, data science, finance and other business stakeholders in mining and analyzing financial and entity-level data to extract key trends and insights.
- Build effective visualizations to communicate data to key decision-makers.
Build models to detect anomalies and resolve financial imbalances; investigate and resolve data discrepancies between systems.
- Understand critical interdependencies across functions and divisions, and grasps the short and long-term trade-offs of business decisions.
- Explore FinTech systems/data to proactively identify and initiate process improvements for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Plan and lead complex projects, prioritize tasks and map stakeholders appropriately
- Be a trusted advisor to Product Management and business leadership.
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional peers and management.
- Get a deep understanding about the FinTech systems and data flows involved; document and train internal personnel to institutionalize the learnings of the data analytics practice.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber