Senior Data Scientist- Customer Obsession
About the role:
Customer Obsession Data Science team is looking for world class data scientists to join the team, a group responsible for ensuring every Uber customer support experience is world-class. Specifically, this team works to build self-service technology and process that's deeply integrated with the Uber customer support experience, making it easy for our customers and customer support representatives to get to the right outcome, faster. We are also responsible for building the models and algorithms that help Uber customers answer their own questions or, even better, avoid the need for a customer support experience at all.
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, economics, and analytics.
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and model development.
Strong experience using Python or R and SQL/Spark and to work efficiently at scale with large data sets.
Experience in building and evaluating algorithms and optimizing for performance in production.
Experience with NLP is a plus but not required.
Proven experience of 5+years in the relevant field.
MS or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
What You'll Do
As a data scientist, you will work closely with product management, engineering and operations teams to own data science in driving customer support product roadmap on all all the apps (eg. rider, driver, eater) globally.
- Develop creative solutions and build prototypes to business problems using algorithms based on machine learning, statistics, and optimization, and work with engineering/product to deploy those algorithms and create impact in production.
- Drive clarity and solve ambiguous, challenging business problems using data-driven approaches.
- Propose and own data analysis (including modeling, coding, analytics, and experimentation) to drive business insight and facilitate decisions.
A few recent problems involve building machine learning models to deliver contextual support content for eaters, riders, and earners by content recommendation; and; intelligent policy optimization.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber