Senior Software Engineer
About the Team
Product teams at Uber create the vision for the future of urban mobility: deeply understanding our customers to solve their transportation needs with innovative technology. Data underpins our products, enabling intelligent decision making and improved user experiences. Maximizing the latest ML, Big Data, data visualization, and NLP technologies, the Product Platform team works at the intersection of engineering and data science to enhance our services and deliver actionable insights.
About the Role
As a Backend Software Engineer at Customer Obsession team at Uber, you will architect highly-performant, reliable, scalable applications used by millions of external customers every day. During the Covid19 situation, we have accelerated to build a complete virtual support experience for our customers building Chat, Video products for end consumers and building Help Center experiences with automation workflows. You will have an outstanding opportunity to build an elite and first of its kind support experience for our users. You will work closely with our internal stakeholders across all lines of business - Rides, Eats, Freight, etc. - to build and match customers with the best care channels (phone, chat, video) for their specific needs. At Uber, we have a high bar for quality & efficiency - you will collaborate closely with Product Managers and Business Operations teams to build for scale, yet solutions focused on providing delightful customer experiences. The team is focused on high business impact, where every product we ship is measured and supervised with cost savings and/or efficiency improvement.
What You'll Do
You will have an outstanding opportunity to build a world-class and first-of-its-kind support experience for our users. You will work closely with our internal partners across all lines of business - Rides, Eats, Freight, etc. You will help automate customer support scenarios and onboard multiple products and lines of business into Uber's support stack. You will also help build out foundational platforms to enable Support-as-a-Service for third party Uber products and acquisitions. In this role you will:
- Architect and implement backend microservices to automate Help/Support interactions and onboard new businesses across all Uber mobile/web applications that have a direct impact on our business growth and customer experience
- Parnter with teams to productize, integrate, automate, and configure different products to Customer Obsession's layer for Uber
- Collaborate with product, design, operation, data science, and peer engineering teams to drive the customer experience metrics and achieve cost savings and/or efficiency improvement
- Apply the state-of-the-art technologies tackle the breadth of the problems involved and perform constant solution adjustments arising from constantly evolving user behaviors (e.g. post-covid)
- Write quality documentation, handle conflicts well to build consensus, and foster a strong culture of quality
- 5+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Go, Java, Python)
- Proven experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Knowledge to build highly-scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services
- Ability to work with ambiguous problem definitions
- Passion for learning new skills and working on high-impact products
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada