Senior Software Engineer II (Fullstack) - Vouchers
Uber Vouchers is a new way for businesses to connect to their customers in the physical world. First launched in 2019, Vouchers was created so companies could seamlessly cover the cost of rides for their employees and customers. As businesses' needs have evolved, Vouchers has expanded to include ordering for delivery on Uber Eats. We just launched the first version of Vouchers, and we're already seeing businesses use them in creative ways we'd never have imagined: from helping candidates get to interviews, to supporting car owners when their car is in the shop, to holiday parties and giveaways.
As a full-stack engineer on the Vouchers team, you will build exciting user-facing products, working on code from the deepest levels of our stack to the very top. You will create dynamic web UIs while simultaneously scaling the Vouchers platform.
You will help take this product from 0 -> 1 -> 1000.
What you will do
As a full stack engineer, you will join the 10 member Vouchers Engineering team and you will:
- Develop new products and features, improve existing products and features that elevate the customer experience for riders, eaters & businesses
- Expand your development experience across the stack and to other platforms within Uber
- Help estimate, plan and execute on projects, features, and integrations
- Contribute in the product process: thinking through UX, building great User Interfaces, and working with customers to solve their problems
- Strong skills in system design, coding, and testing
- Good written, verbal communication skills
- Academic background in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Knowledge of a backend stack, including technologies like Golang, Java, Node.js, and how they interface with Redis, Kafka, or similar
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber