Senior Software Engineer - Backend, Uber Health and Central
Uber for Business (U4B) is Uber's strategic focus on enterprise business and Uber Health and Uber Central are its two fastest growing verticals. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Uber Health and Central team, you will lead the architecting of large scale web sercives that power these two products by designing reliable, scalable and extensible components that support new technologies and features which have immediate high business impact.
Uber Health's vision is to become a last mile health care logistic SaaS Platform. Since launch in 2018, we have delivered a HIPAA compliant technology solution that's helped tens of thousands of patients and caregivers get to and from care using Uber as the non-emergency medical transportation. In the next year, we want to provide a health care logistic workflow management platform and offer an aggregated multi-service health care marketplace.
Uber Central's vision is to help businesses keep their customers and guests moving with powerful features in one dashboard. Moreover, we have built a HIPAA compliant Delegate Booking Platform supporting various delegate booking use cases. In the next year, we will expand central's offerings to meet enterprises where they are and continue to evolve the delegate booking platform.
We are a tight knit group of hardworking and innovative engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture. Visit Uber for Business to learn more.
What you will do
- Architect, develop and optimize Uber Health and Uber Central backend systems to support growing business needs.
- Lead cross-team efforts within U4B that deliver meaningful results across engineering, product, design and data science. Work in close collaboration with other specialists, product managers, designers, and operations to ship useful and fabulous experiences to our customers
- Go-to person to lead an end to end product development cycle. Get clarity of problem statements from designers and product managers, break projects into meaningful tasks, and deliver the project with metrics and datas with fellow engineers.
- Provide technical leadership in designing, implementing, testing and rolling out the next generations of the flagship Uber Health and Uber Central systems. Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our hardworking team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with a difference in opinions in a mature and fair way, helping teams to commit and move forward.
- 5+ years relevant engineering experience in successfully designing and building large scale, highly available and reliable engineering systems addressing real world challenging problems.
- Demonstrated experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule and instill a high level of engineering excellence culture (e.g., code reviews, documentation, unit and integration testing).
- Proven track record of technically leading and mentoring engineering teams delivering high impact projects and inspiring junior engineers to grow.
- Strong software engineering skills, supported by 5+ years of industry experience in one or more programming languages (e.g., Golang, Python, C++, Java) and eagerness to learn more.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB) utilizing a microservices architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands-on experience on development of HIPAA compliant systems.
- Experience leading engineers to tackle ambitious problems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber