Manager, Benefits APAC
About the Role
Our Global Benefits Team builds and drives core benefit programs to support employees around the world. We work closely with individual business units as well as our key stakeholders to ensure we're implementing meaningful programs and finding the right solutions as the company grows.
We are looking for a Manager, Benefits to help drive benefit solutions across APAC. This position is a great opportunity to come and help us continue to improve and evolve our employee benefits programs and experience.
What You'll Do
- Lead in the implementation of competitive, creative and cost effective benefits. Partner with key stakeholders in the regular review of all existing benefit plans, ensuring compliance with internal guidelines and external best practice and benchmarking.
- Benchmark company reward and benefits practices, programs and policies with competitors using whatever tools or means necessary to ensure we are competitive.
- Manage relationships with external vendors of reward and benefits services and drive quality and supplier service for area of responsibility
- Making recommendations to the senior leadership team on strategic implementation.
- Administer and communicate benefit & perk programs across APAC region.
- Deep knowledge of employee benefit plan design including healthcare and pension schemes along with associated complexities of plan administration, associated payroll processes, country level regulatory requirements and benefits program taxability.
- Successful record of building operational processes and procedures as well as global partnerships, driving program efficiency along with measuring and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Projects: Own and drive Reward and Benefits projects where appropriate
- Partner with our HR Business Partners and People Operations team to formulate a holistic employee benefit experience for new hires and existing employees.
- Partner with our HRIS team to manage our benefit enrollment system, Darwin, troubleshoot errors with our eligibility feeds, and continue the buildout of further automation with the top priority on international benefits enrollment.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business / Human Resources and/ or Psychology.
- Minimum 8 + years of in-house experience in benefits strategy, program development, design, and administration of benefit programs in a multinational environment
- In-depth knowledge of APAC countries (especially India, Philippines and Japan) benefits, pension, and social security set up.
- Proven track record of delivering Reward and Benefits projects / initiatives.
- Exemplary planning and organising skills - able to manage multiple teams/projects/relationships.
- Numerate, analytical with a strong commercial focus.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and ability to work with complex data, spreadsheets and other required tools.
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs.
- Experience with HR Systems (Workday and Darwin preferred).
- Initiative and creativity in looking for ways to tweak and optimize processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Still think this is you? Well then, keep on reading!
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize processes.
- Knowledgeable. Strong benefits expertise with the ability to consult, design, and deliver quickly and efficiently. Strong program management skills and proven experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You're a good communicator and storyteller who engages with people; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed. Partnering with managers and the people department to solve problems.
- Bias to action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber