Software Engineer II ,Android- Safety
About The Team
Uber's Safety team sits at the core of our business and is redefining what it takes to be safe on the roads at global scale. Our mission is to prevent safety incidents and empower our users in every interaction they have with Uber's services. We use real-time telematics and motion sensing technologies along with machine learning algorithms and user-facing mobile products in order to prevent unsafe behaviors on the Uber platform. Our engineering challenges range from building facial biometrics recognition to low-latency data streaming infrastructure ingesting terabytes of data daily to brand-critical features such as SOS, audio recording and RideCheck.
About the Role
The team's work touches all parts of the Uber experience from dispatch to on-trip and post-trip, as well as the Uber ecosystem ranging from our rides business to other newer Uber marketplaces, and ventures. In this role, you will get to work closely with our product and design teams to build intuitive experiences and ship efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users. With #standforsafety being a company priority, our team is uniquely positioned to define what it means to be a safe ride sharing/delivery platform and in the process, making safety a key competitive advantage for our brand.
- Build and own core Safety features for the users
- Write tools to improve the reliability and performance of the Safety features
- Track the success of your feature experiments, collaborating with Data Science, Design, and Product teams to iterate on delightful user experiences.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
- At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
- At least 2+ years of full-time Android engineering experience, with deep technical knowledge in Java and/or Kotlin
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences.
- Experience working with product management and design teams along with analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Experience with analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments.
- Experience with shipping efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber