Software Engineer II
About the Role
On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're passionate about making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
Rider Access is a growing line of business which seeks to provide riders alternate means of using Uber. This team is focussed on building App-less flows targeted at the app phobic riders, especially senior citizens.
What You'll Do
- Closely collaborate with product, design and business teams to understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver these as a series of fast experiments.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Play an active role in team's technical design choices, code reviews and documentation.
- Coach and mentor junior or new engineers joining the team.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 3+ years of Full-stack engineering experience. Good understanding of object oriented programming, multithreading, networking, memory management and source control management (git).
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences. Passion about delivering software that delights our end users. Proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build elegant user experiences.
- Experience working with product management and design teams.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Good communication and collaboration skills to be able to work in a fast paced and distributed environment.
- Experience in testing and deploying scalable mobile applications. Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments.
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our extensive growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate: Believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber