Supply Growth & Planning Manager
About the Role
The Mobility Operations team is responsible for bringing Uber's vision to life in Japan. Day to day, they are responsible for both strategy creation and execution for our Driver and Rider focused activities. Operations is all about running our business on the ground and helping our driver partners and riders get the most out of the Uber platform.
We are seeking an experienced Supply Growth & Planning Manager to holistically own strategic projects to grow driver and taxi fleets partnerships. This person will lead taxi partner strategy planning to create momentum and accelerate growth.
This role will involve huge cross-functional collaboration across marketing, customer support, business development, finance, tax, legal, policy and communications. The ideal applicant will be an outstanding project manager with intimate product understanding, who is able to coordinate across all these groups to deliver a successful driver and product strategy and execution plan.
The ideal candidate possesses superb analytical skills and is also passionate about teamwork.
Examples of areas you will be working on are understanding driver preferences and behavior, segmenting our driver base, boosting our driver acquisition, engagement and retention efforts, tailoring our value proposition to driver needs and deciding on new products launch approach and timeline.
What You'll Do
- Work to optimise the driver and fleet experience. You'll understand their requirements, issues and strive to tackle them. You'll want them to get as much out of our platform to ensure their success!
- You'll craft and execute the vision, strategy and day to day tactics for taxi partner acquisition and engagement, through data-centric analytics, creative campaigns, robust digital marketing and partnership programs
- You will work collaboratively with local, regional and global stakeholders to improve the platform experience
- You'll handle the development of compelling digital content to keep drivers engaged and up to date
- You'll empower the team to continually level-up their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- You'll work closely with the Driver Lead, Rider Lead, Product Lead and Marketplace Lead to achieve common goals
What You'll Need
Minimum 5 years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, product, analytics, marketing and data driven CRM programs. Candidates with different years of experience will also be considered
- Data-first problem solver with sound business judgment and proven experience acquiring and engaging users in a commercially no-nonsense way
- Exceptional project management skills. You have proven ability to lead initiatives at your organization
- Full proficiency in Japanese and business level English is required
- Ability to write SQL queries is a strong plus
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to empower and encourage through storytelling - you are able to rally people behind a common goal
- Strong collaborative mindset: we can be way more impactful if we work together
- You want to craft the future of our presence in Japan
- Effective analytical skills that include the ability to see granular as well as big-picture issues
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving and strategic thinking skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We tackle big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We encourage applications from qualified people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. Do you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit we are looking for? If so, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together!
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada