Senior Strategic Operations Manager, Airports Strategy & Product Experience
About the Role
Travel is in many ways the heart and soul of Uber. During pre-COVID business conditions, trips to and from the airport accounted for around 10% of Uber trips across the US and Canada and almost 20% of gross bookings, and the overall percentage of ground transportation at airports fulfilled by Uber remains quite small. Airport trips are many riders' first use case, and these trips have higher average fares and a higher mix towards more profitable products. At Uber, we recognize an opportunity to help positively shape the travel experience for riders around the world. The Uber Airport Ops team is obsessed with driving excellent airport experiences for our customers and works to be true partners to airports!
Uber is seeking a Senior Strategic Operations Manager focusing on improving the airport product experience, particularly focused on the pickup experience for riders and drivers! In this role, you will assist in driving management, improvement and ongoing optimization of experiences at airports for drivers and riders. You will champion airport product configuration and management, and will manage the implementation of new products and features. You'll also build quality processes, develop standard operating procedures, enhance current configuration, provide on-the-ground walkthroughs, traffic management suggestions, and experiment with current products and configurations to optimize airports in our portfolio.
What You'll Do:
- Drive disciplined launches of initiatives. You'll liaise between product and the airport ops team to launch new products and find opportunities to drive scalability and efficiencies of new features.
- Ongoing management and monitoring. You'll ensure positive ongoing pick up experience operations for riders, drivers, and airports by using quantitative and qualitative data to find opportunities to streamline or improve pickup operations resulting in key metric improvements, rider/driver satisfaction and/or operational cost reductions.
- Analyze and optimize. You'll dig deeply into our performance across the airports portfolio, helping to ensure that we are understanding where things are going well and where we have room to improve our operations. You'll take a hands on approach to the experience at top airports and then translate takeaways from that work into playbooks implemented across our business.
- Cross-functional leader. You'll work with partners across business development, product, marketing, operations, legal, and finance teams to test and implement new product ideas and tools for airports.
- Build processes to drive continuous improvement. You'll ensure we have visibility into what tools and products are being deployed, and that we are closely monitoring impact and pivoting as needed. You'll help ensure we always have insight into the business impact of the changes we are making.
- Global advocate. Tactical experience gained in continuously optimizing our operations at airports can be translated beyond just a given mega-region. You'll work closely with mega-regional airports POCs to share best practices and help ensure we maintain a global perspective in our work.
- 3 years of work experience
- 4-7 years of experience in operations / consulting / project management / business intelligence / or related experience
- Some high-growth operations or startup experience is preferred.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Advanced communication and organization skills.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Intellectual curiosity supported by exceptional analytical skill
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada