Counsel, Commercial, ANZ
About the Role
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global legal team integral to a company engaged in cutting edge technology and focused on solving some of the biggest challenges in the world.
In this hands-on role, you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times. The role would primarily support the Uber ridesharing business and would work closely with the legal team based in Sydney as well as supporting regional projects.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Advise on, and drive project work to resolve a broad range of commercial, regulatory and competition law issues in ways that are practical, commercially-focussed and future thinking.
- Draft and negotiate contracts and support the marketing team on campaign initiatives.
- Manage workflow across the Legal Team and relationships with other key business stakeholders.
- Work closely with the policy, tax and operations teams to support regulatory engagement, strategic projects and growth initiatives.
What the Candidate Will Need
- Qualified to practice law in Australia
- 6+ PQE of legal practice at a law firm in disputes, safety, government regulatory authority, or in-house role
- Ability to quickly build rapport with business teams and calibrate compliant advice and strategy based on a practical approach to risk tolerance
- Experience working creatively and strategically to solve novel policy and regulatory issues
- Excellent written skills and ability to present information, including complex legal issues, clearly and concisely; outstanding research, negotiating, and oral advocacy skills
- Must be confident, collaborative and able to operate in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated business aptitude and ability to move quickly; strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders
- Appetite for being a key player in a rapidly growing company; flexibility to perform in nimble and rapidly changing and growing environments; adept at scaling
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber