Technology Auditor - Risk, Payments and Compliance
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Senior Auditor collaborates with the stakeholder within a subset of a geographical area, functional area, or Line of Business; and maintains effective partnership, expertise and contribution over their specific area. The Senior Auditor:
- Manages and Execute on a varied set of internal audit initiatives including providing assurance, audits , risk assessments and remediation reviews.
- Contribute to thought leadership and provides input to understanding the Company risk profile.
- Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards, and ensures Internal Audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Works independently on their own project(s) and area(s) of expertise and can flex to other areas with supervision.
- Works with process/control owners that include stakeholders from Engineering, Compliance, Products and Operations to identify risk from Uber's homegrown systems and related processes as well as support stakeholder to build out a comprehensive payments compliance program
Specific essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates very effective leadership in various areas of results, self and people leadership
- Ensures operational excellence and delivers work on time and at optimal quality; this includes:
- Performance of audit procedures, and the use of adequate methodology, tools, and techniques.
- Effective identification, development, and documentation of audit issues, identification of root cause and negotiation of effective solutions.
- Effective and timely stakeholder relationship building and communication throughout all stages of the audit from planning to reporting to peers, stakeholders and IA management.
- On-going self quality control over the work performed (project documentation and deliverables).
- Develops and maintains productive stakeholder, team-oriented management and staff relationships.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of audit and project management experience within an Internal Audit/ Compliance function and/or as part of an accounting/consulting firm
- Experience in developing or reviewing payment services and regulatory compliance tools and technologies
- Technology audit skills including an understanding of: System development including SDLC, Programming languages, Database queries, System architecture, Data analytics.
- Sound knowledge and experience in requirements for payments licensing activity and payments operations. Preferred candidate will have a good working knowledge in all of the following subjects: AML/CFT, consumer protection regulations, cybersecurity, payments operations and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Technical auditing skills and knowledge of relevant professional and auditing standard
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience working independently and operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects/initiatives.
- The candidate should be a self-starter, customer-obsessed, analytical and have a curious mindset.
- Data Competencies:
- Working knowledge of SQL is required and experience of other languages, Go, Java, R, Python is a plus.
- Experience with the use of various Data analytics and Data Science tools such as Tableau, Celonis or others is highly preferred.
- Experience in using Data science and data analytics when conducting audit projects (possible use include exploratory, descriptive/visualization, predictive or causal purposes) is highly preferred
Bonus Points if:
- Master's Education or MBA
- Experience with Go, Java, Python or similar programming languages.
- Previous experience in a high volume transactional payment environment
- CIA, CISA or CAMS Certification
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber