Senior Android Engineer - Customer Identity Platform
About the Team
We're the Customer Identity Platform (CIP). Our team's mission is to create a unified and secure Uber identity that enables Uber products and partners to grow efficiently and at scale.
We own signup and login, account management, and 3rd party authentication, which are one of the most visited (>100k requests/sec) experiences across the entire Uber ecosystem. As a Sr. Android engineer, your work would be leveraged by the entire Uber ecosystem (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.) as well as third party applications (e.g. Alipay, McDonalds etc).
We develop innovative features for all kinds of users (enterprise/business, tech-savvy as well as the not-quite as tech-savvy), all over the world, and across multiple access mechanisms (web, smartphones, feature-phone, land-line phones, kiosks, 3rd party apps and devices)
What You'll Do
- Directly impact Uber's growth and users' trust by defining and executing the technical roadmap for Customer Identity. This role provides opportunities to collaborate with all Uber product teams as well as with stakeholders across security, privacy, and legal functions.
- Revamp the signup and login experience that powers all Uber mobile properties across Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, U4B, etc.
- Help us architect new identity related growth & security projects (e.g. SSO, biometrics, recaptcha). As part of this effort, we're building a reusable identity SDK to support both Uber and 3rd party apps. Help us build this from the ground up.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience in either Kotlin and/or Java
- 2+ years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $145,350 per year - $161,500 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion