Software Engineer 2 - Frontend, Uber Health and Central
Uber for Business (U4B) is Uber's strategic focus on enterprise business and Uber Health and Uber Central are its two fastest growing verticals. As a Frontend Software Engineer on the Uber Health and Central team, you will be contributing to web frontend systems that power these two products by designing reliable, scalable and extensible components that support new technologies and features which have immediate high business impact.
Uber Health's vision is to become a last mile health care logistic SaaS Platform. Since launch in 2018, we have delivered a HIPAA compliant technology solution that's helped tens of thousands of patients and caregivers get to and from care using Uber as the non-emergency medical transportation. In the next year, we want to provide a health care logistic workflow management platform and offer an aggregated multi-service health care marketplace.
Uber Central's vision is to help businesses keep their customers and guests moving with powerful features in one dashboard. Moreover, we have built a HIPAA compliant Delegate Booking Platform supporting various delegate booking use cases. In the next year, we will expand central's offerings to meet enterprises where they are and continue to evolve the delegate booking platform.
We are a tight knit group of hardworking and innovative engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture. Visit Uber for Business to learn more.
What you will do
- As a frontend software engineer on the Uber Health and Central team, you will design and build web-based products, integrate with APIs and backend systems that target new audiences and high business impact scenarios. You will architect, build, launch, and improve products that touch the lives of millions of riders and patients globally.
- You will work with a group of innovative engineers along with a cross functional team (e.g., Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, Product Operations, Business Team) to add features to Uber Health and Uber Central products.
- Sounds awesome? Come join us and help fuel the future of transportation.
- 2+ years relevant engineering experience in successfully designing and building reusable and scalable web systems addressing real world ambitious problems.
- Strong system architecture design skills, proven algorithm knowledge and CS fundamentals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience in a similar field
- Hands-on experience on development of HIPAA compliant systems.
- High bar for quality as proven by code reviews, documentation, unit and integration testing
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber