Sr Software Engineer - Data Intelligence
About the Role
As a Senior Engineer on the Data Intelligence team, you will be dealing with large scale data pipelines and data sets that are critical and foundational for Uber to make decisions for better customer experience. You will be working on a petabyte scale of analytics data from the multiple Uber applications. Help us build the software systems and data models that will enable data scientists to understand our user behavior better and thrive on the data driven mindset at Uber.
About the team
The Data Intelligence Platform team is responsible for the designing core foundational data sets that are critical to understand customers needs and helps business teams take right decisions in solving these critical problems. The team's mission is to ensure high quality for all the critical data flows for analytics purposes across all verticals in Uber and enable faster implementation of data needs by building standardized tools and framework for accurate analysis. We are currently revamping all critical analytical data flows across domains to build high quality data sets and frameworks that are used across Uber.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for defining the Data Architecture for multiple Uber teams.
- Identify unified data models collaborating with Data Science teams
- Streamline data processing of the original event sources and consolidate them in source of truth event logs
- Build and maintain real-time/batch data pipelines that can consolidate and clean up usage analytics
- Build systems that monitor data losses from the mobile sources and improve the data quality
- Devise strategies to consolidate and compensate the data losses by correlating different sources
- Solve challenging data problems with cutting edge design and algorithms.
What You'll need
- 8+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Go, Java, Python).
- Demonstrated experience of working with large data volumes and backend services.
- Managed the design and implementation of complex cross team projects independently
- Solid experience developing systems at Scale
- Experience working in Data Engineering ( ETL or Streaming data) , HDFS, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Hadoop
- Good to have experience building backend services and familiarity with one of the cloud platform ( AWS/ Azure / Google cloud)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber