Senior Tax Product Analyst EMEA
Uber is growing rapidly and we are looking to add a Senior Tax Product Specialist to our EMEA team to support our international presence.
Are you a team-player, not afraid of a rapidly changing environment, technically sharp? You love tax technical debates, are strong at analytical thinking, possess a passion for details and are able to perform under pressure? Then Uber offers you a role with a stellar team at the heart of the company.
At its core, your job is to analyse and advise on the tax implications (EU and local) of new products and features within Uber. More specifically, you will need to identify tax risks, suggest practical solutions and oversee their implementation by the business.
In your role, you will work in a highly motivated, talented, and multicultural team. You'll work closely together with the legal, operations, product, and engineering teams in designing Uber's latest products and features. Key is to understand the business needs and offer solutions that don't affect the magic of the products.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a leading brand and to actually shape the products it offers. Up for the task? Read on!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Review and advise on new products and product features from a tax perspective (VAT, International Corporate Tax)
- Challenge the status quo and identify opportunities for improvements in our existing product lines and transactions
- Design, test and implement scalable improvements and solutions to the issues you identify
- Perform tax research (CJEU case law, country specific VAT legislation across the EMEA region) with the aim of improving existing products, deploying new features and reducing risks
- Provide indirect tax advice and support to regional tax leads and other business stakeholders
- Work with the tax team on unique and challenging new projects
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5+ years of experience in a sophisticated tax environment (in-house experience is an advantage)
- Knowledge of indirect taxes across EMEA and a genuine passion for tax technical research
- Customer / product obsession and attention to detail
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- A second language is an advantage
- Serious hustle, passion, 'can-do' attitude
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference: we're not just another social web app: we're moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage with
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada