Local Operations Intern - Delivery, Milan
About the Internship
Due to the expected growth of Uber's business and coverage in Italy, and all the new initiatives we have planned for 2021, we are seeking a sharp, data-driven and highly organised Operations Intern to help our Marketplace & Courier Operations team take Uber in Italy to the next level.
What You'll Do
- Analytics: Support the business by building dashboards and reports on the main aspects of the Marketplace and Courier Operations, leveraging on impactful data mining to address topics ranging from marketplace reliability to funnel efficiency
- Process Improvement: Executional and design support to review, revamp and improve existing and new processes in the Courier Operations area
- New City Launches support: Provide valuable support to local teams on new city launches, building and customizing analyses but also processes to keep healthy marketplaces and efficient operation plans in new areas
- Operations Business Partner: Support the territory team on the Business as Usual processes, extracting valuable insights and providing data driven recommendations on a day to day basis
- Written and spoken fluency in English (Italian is a plus)
- Currently enrolled in a Masters or Bachelor degree
- Availability to work 6 months full time in 2021 starting (April 1st )
- Working rights in Italy (No sponsorship available)
- Basic SQL proficiency is a must
- Business Insight: Understanding and being fully aware of how our business operates and how it makes money and sustains profitable growth, now and in the future
- Communication: Using communication skills and situational awareness to clearly deliver information to a variety of audiences
- Planning and Organization: Setting up and maintaining systems to appropriately structure and keep track of tasks and projects
- Problem Solving: Effectively resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense
- Stakeholder Management: Taking time to build helpful relationships; earning the trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability
- Teamwork: Demonstrates optimism, respects others and works well in a team
- Experience with Data visualization tools is a strong plus (ie. Google Data Studio, Tableau, Oracle BI or similar, QlikView)
- Experience with working on relational databases (MS Access, MySQL or similar)
- A prior internship experience working in a startup, tech company, or any kind of operations internship
Internships @ Uber
Perks & Benefits: We offer an above-average monthly internship allowance, Uber credits and much more!
You have the rare chance to create a global impact - we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics. We offer expansive mentorship from Uber employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada