Sr. Technical Program Manager, Mimo/Uber Rent
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Work closely with engineering/product leads to conceptualize strategic initiatives and solutions and develop those into detailed program / project plans.
- Project manage technical, complex, large scale, cross-team, cross-functional initiatives from planning to execution.
- Organize/align multiple engineering and cross-functional teams for delivery and drive execution and results proactively.
- Set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks, and communicating status to upper management and project stakeholders
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
Accelerate the execution velocity of large product initiatives. Continuously improve and scale the organization. Implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Proven experience of 4+ years as a TPM or Engineering Manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment with an overall experience of 8+ years.
- Strong technical experience in platform development at scale.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Proven strong cross-team and cross-org stakeholder management. Ability to influence, motivate, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth seeking. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Data driven: Experience determining effective program KPI's and using them to measure program success and issues. Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to backup assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
Be good at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or escalate, as required.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Computer Science degree, or related field
- Worked at a high paced, fast growing, creative tech startup
- Experience at an established company with a strong TPM team
- Developer experience, including writing, testing and deploying code
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber