Engineering Manager II - Risk
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to manage a team within our Risk group, specifically within the Knowledge and Decision Platform team. The Risk team plays a crucial role in our mission to omit the bad actors in our system while ensuring powerful, intuitive and streamlined user experiences for our customers (riders, eaters etc).
We are looking for top class leadership experience in building and scaling teams who are responsible for critical, reliable services. You will create vision and build critical multi-functional collaboration with key partners and product management. You will be responsible for the business impacts delivered.
What You'll Do
- Set the vision and the strategy for the teams, and help the team execute on that vision in an efficient manner
- Hire and grow team talent, and help your team progress in their careers
- Own large opportunities and initiatives and drive clarity, convergence and closure across teams.
- Communicate and collaborate within and across teams (both engineers, data scientists / analysts, designers, product, Strategy, Business & Ops teams) to prioritize needs and drive company-wide, large-scale projects
- Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other engineers within the company
- Demonstrate your technical skills, as needed, to contribute to the team's products, or build tooling to help your team execute more efficiently
- Be a role model on acting with good judgement and responsibility.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- BS or MS in Computer Science technical field preferred
- 10+years of overall experience with proven track record as a technical leader and Engineering manager.
- Strong experience in Software Design and Architecture, having scaled Distributed systems / Micro services in products.
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy standard methodologies in delivering world class software and services.
- Strong people leadership skills including growing and mentoring your team members.
- Experience evolving and communicating a strong vision/roadmap for your team.
- Passion about your team's mission and the self-starting personality to make things happen.
- A track record of delivering results even when requirements are under-specified.
- Proven programming skills in Go, Java, Python, or similar.
- Adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- Excited to learn from and guide others and are passionate about creating tools, products and providing support for other engineers
- Handled full stack team of Backend, Web/FrontEnd and Mobile engineer.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber