Senior Business Analyst, Central Operations (Efficiency)
About the Role
Efficiency is a cornerstone of Uber Freight's strategy. We're working to build a platform that creates a seamless end-to-end experience for our Shippers, Carriers, and Internal Operations teams. Through its work on automation, outsourcing, and process design, the Efficiency team on Central Ops brings this vision to life on a daily basis.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will drive continuous improvement to processes across the entire load lifecycle, with a focus on process automation. You'll simplify complex problems and steer our team and stakeholders to the right decisions as you build deep technical and functional subject matter expertise.
You'll own and shape our strategy for automation by spending time going deep operationally & analytically to uncover new findings. You'll bring those findings to life by leading and executing project-based work to build, scale, and optimize solutions that move us closer to a touchless platform.
The leadership you provide and improvements you drive in the Efficiency space will play a critical role in Uber Freight's ability to deliver on our vision to scale our operation at an industry leading cost while providing excellent service to our shippers and carriers.
What You'll Do
- Analytics - create and execute various analytics projects to inform team strategy and internal partners; including the development of reports, dashboards, and scripts/automation using Google Suite, SQL, Tableau, R, and Python
- Strategic Planning - you will develop strategies, set goals, and build roadmaps to improve service
- Leadership - you will guide our thinking on key components of our overall service strategy and lead cross-functional stakeholder groups to deliver on that strategy
- Product - work with product operations and product teams to develop business cases and insights from operations team (account management, carrier sales, support, and tracking)
- Project Management - Identify, plan, and execute projects and root cause analyses to improve our existing processes for account management and customer programs
- Operations Management - collaborate with account management teams, carrier sales, tracking, and other teams to identify process inefficiencies, build solutions, and drive operational efficiency (e.g. centralizing repeatable processes, account strategy, and growth, weekly performance reporting)
- Stakeholder Management - organize and structure work across a variety of cross-functional teams to deliver on shared goals and priorities
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with at least one data science programming language (Python or R preferred)
- Experience problem solving and proposing unique solutions to complex issues while providing premier customer support
- Experience developing and executing on project proposals (end-to-end)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic and sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A data-driven approach to making decisions and measuring performance
- Commitment to continuously improving (self and business)
- Technical proficiency in Google/Microsoft productivity tools
- Minimum 4 years experience in an analytics-focused roles
- Experience leading small and/or cross-functional teams with a focus on strategy, analytics, and operations
- Technical proficiency in Tableau
- Experience in logistics or related industries
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber