Senior Backend Software Engineer
About Uber Engineering in Amsterdam
Uber is changing the way cities move globally through our transportation and mobility solutions. Home to members of Uber's Payments, Driver Engineering, and Adtech teams (among others), engineers in the Amsterdam office are responsible for developing the architecture that powers our global payment methods, solutions to optimize marketing processes and spend, and features that create a more seamless experience for our driver-partners.
About the Teams
Listed below are details about the teams we are currently hiring for. In your first call with the recruiter, expect to discuss your background as well as specific teams you're interested in.
Driver, Decision Portal: Every month, Uber collects millions of documents from earners, spenders, and organizations to verify their identity, validate they meet external regulations and internal standards. As a software engineer on this new team, you will be driving the architecture, strategy and execution on building a Portal to enable Uber agents globally process millions of documents, reports and other earner artifacts efficiently. Your work helps Earners get on the road faster by reducing friction in the funnel.
AdTech: We build tools for marketers to spend a substantial amount of marketing dollars more efficiently. For our engineers, this means building internal tools such as the Universal Campaign Management Platform and automating flows to optimize marketing processes and marketing spend. 4+ Years Experience with Java required, and 2+ years AdTech experience preferred.
What you'll do:
- Manage scale & reliability. Our solutions support Uber's always-on marketplace. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling.
- Take a full-stack approach. Each project is unique and often requires a backend, mobile, and web component. You will be part of a cross-functional team which is developing the overall experience and architecture
- Up the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements that improve the quality of the systems.
- Write clear documentation so that other specialists can partner to contribute and deliver.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike. Deal with a difference in opinions in a mature and fair way, helping the team to commit and move forward.
What you'll need:
- 6+ years of backend software engineering experience
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- Expertise in Go, Python, Java, and other applicable back end languages.
- Familiar with SOA, architecture, implementation and trade-offs
- Extensive software design and development skills. Ability to learn, and adapt to new technologies and contribute in a productive environment.
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Experience mentoring team members & being a trusted advisor
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber