Compliance Operations Senior Analyst
About the Role
Uber Payments BV (UPBV) sits within the broader Uber group and provides regulated payments services to Uber and Uber's customers in the EU. UPBV utilizes services provided by various entities both internal and external to the group.
The Compliance Operations team is responsible for owning the insourced and outsourced aspects of the first-line operational compliance functions supporting the licensed activities of UPBV. This includes sanctions screening, KYC/CDD/EDD, and transaction monitoring. You will have operational responsibility for the performance of these functions, generally coordinating with intra-group teams performing the activities, and be the point of contact and escalation point for operational issues.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Be a functional owner within UPBV for a specific set of responsibilities (for example KYC operations, Sanctions operations, compliance tooling) and be responsible for their high-quality delivery. This includes managing intra-group relationships with operational teams and the technical platforms being utilized.
- Coordinate with the outsourcing program manager on the tracking and delivery of services against service level agreements and tracking and delivery of metrics reporting (KPIs).
- As you remain in tight coordination with the 2nd line, own and resolve gaps in quality of delivery and gaps in controls. Track and ensure their remediation and act as the point of accountability for your areas of responsibility.
- Resolve and manage escalations as you exercise your superior balanced judgement and display your subject matter expertise.
- Work with the Product Management team on the design, implementation, operation, and quality assurance of the systems and tools supporting all aspects of compliance operations. Align roadmaps, flag and track issues, and be the accountable party for the delivery and operations of these toolsets.
Own the delivery and communication of operational metrics to the management team and supervisory board.
What the Candidate Will Need
- At least 7+ years' experience in a large organisation including demonstrated competency in executing and enhancing compliance operations processes . Experience in a financially regulated organisation is a plus.
- Sound knowledge of compliance & risk practices/framework & regulatory obligations of AML/CTF, GDPR, Sanctions and PEP screening related regulations, Consumer Protection, payments legislative requirements or similar.
- Experience preparing Board documents & responding to regulatory enquiries to support appropriate Governance across complex geographically challenged entities.
- Demonstrated ability to build & maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate complexity in a simple & clear manner.
- Ability to take ownership of outcomes & the ability to work with business unit teams to confront issues and drive performance.
- Ability to use initiative & be proactive in addressing & resolving issues.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to partner effectively at multiple levels and across disciplines.
- Team oriented and collaborative, with exceptional consensus building and relationship management skills. Must have a proven ability to develop and sustain positive relationships across the organization.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives and requests simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate, articulate and present highly technical and complex procedural recommendations, regulations, laws and policies to a variety of audiences.
- Strong change management skills, adept at working in an environment of shifting priorities, constant technological changes and increasingly stringent regulatory requirements
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber