Engineering Manager II- Loyalty Partnerships
On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
Today, our consumers have multiple ways to engage with Uber -- from requesting a ride to ordering a burrito, from grocery shopping to getting your prescriptions delivered. The customer engagement team sits at the intersection of all these experiences, with the goal to make using Uber seamless & valuable through products such as membership, and loyalty. To expand the ways in which Uber can support our users, we are creating a new charter within Customer Engagement- Partnerships, focused on establishing relationships with key partners and building valuable integrations. This team will be directly responsible for scaling subscriptions to the world through third-party partnerships and giving all our users new and compelling reasons to be loyal to Uber. This is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of the Partnership charter and support a variety of high-priority initiatives in close collaboration with Business Development, operations, and policy teams.
What You'll Do
- Jam with Product, Design, BD and Research teams to understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver these as series of experiments that enable us to learn while we build
- Come up with the right architecture and design for ideas and experiments to quickly scale.
- Work with deal makers and various multi-functional teams to integrate with key business partner's engineering and product teams to drive maximum value through the partnership
- Work closely with business partners to successfully launch new technology integrations to win new accounts and grow existing accounts.
- Strive for outstanding customer experience in your product and influence the team toward that goal
- 5+ years of experience developing software as an IC engineer.
- 3+ years of experience frontline managing a diverse set of engineers (ie. full-stack, backend, mobile), across various technologies.
- Outstanding technical skills in backend or mobile engineering: Uber managers can lead from the front when the situation calls for it.
- Great leadership skills but also deeply technical -- this is a complex workspace. There is no need to code, but you'll need to have a strong understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acuity in solving sophisticated technical challenges
- A high bar across the board - for your own contributions, for the people you work with, and for the products you work on
- The ideal candidate has a background building accessible and scalable mobile user facing features with a track record of delivering sophisticated solutions for true user problems.
- Strategic mentality. You're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Passionate about building phenomenal experiences for Uber users all over the world.
- Experience running experiments to assess the efficiency of releases.
- Experience building a team from the ground up
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber