Senior Customer Support Representative, Uber Freight - Escalations
About the Role
At Uber, we believe that providing the highest quality support is a core feature of our product experience. The Overage, Shortage, and Damager (OSD) Escalations team specializes in resolving complex carrier/customer support issues that may fall outside of the standard knowledge base (KB). These situations require critical thinking, strong business judgment, time management, and close communication with internal teams and freight carriers on the road. Freight Escalations Specialists make magic, turning unhappy users into our most passionate evangelists.
What You'll Do
- Provide thorough, detailed, world-class support using various support modalities including phone, email, and chat
- Triage, case-manage, and resolve escalated freight contacts surfaced by the Inbound Phone Support, Tracking , and Account Management teams
- Work closely with peers, Account Managers, Claims, and other internal stakeholders to resolve issues
- Be the "voice of the customer" and ensure that feedback and insights are escalated to the proper teams in order to enact long-term solutions
- Handle outbound communications to carriers, including status updates and final resolutions
- Use strong judgment to make necessary deviations to the knowledge base (KB) in order to provide a customer-obsessed experience
- Make recommendations on new or improved policies to help drive down dependencies on other teams to improve resolution time
- Reroute inappropriately escalated issues to appropriate teams and provide feedback on how the issue should have been resolved at first touch
- Inspire customer loyalty by providing full support resolutions for every issue
- Work on special projects as assigned
- 1+ years of customer support, account management, or related experience in the shipping/logistics industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - You are an effective communicator and listener, and you adapt easily to varied communication methods
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You establish trust and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Customer empathy - You have a deep understanding of the user experience and the ability to resolve customer support requests in thoughtful and creative ways
- Collaboration - You value teamwork and contribute to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another
- Strategic problem-solving skills - You can leverage multiple resources to inform and support critical decisions
- Excellent organization - You effectively prioritize work to target the highest-impact issues first
- Optimism - You are motivated by a challenge, and you approach problems with a positive attitude
- Desire to learn - You're a highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and you are receptive to feedback
- High flexibility - When the only constant is change, you're ready to roll with the punches
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, English, or Journalism
- Experience in the logistics or freight industry
- Crisis counseling experience
About the Team
Uber Freight connects shippers with carriers (truck drivers) much like how Uber connects riders with drivers. In the process of moving freight using the Uber Freight app, carriers contact the inbound phone support team to provide updates or receive assistance. Our team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and safe transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, self-driven individuals who are redefining the movement of goods around the world.
Freight Support Escalations Specialists sit within Uber's Center of Excellence (COE) in Chicago, IL. COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to Uber customers (riders, drivers, couriers, eaters, restaurants, etc.). Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, as well as to incubate support modalities and processes for new products and services. COEs pioneer how Uber manages support for customers around the globe.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber