Global Safety Public Policy, Senior Associate
About the Role
As a Senior Public Policy Associate, Safety, you are Uber's connection between our market-leading technology that provides flexible, reliable economic opportunities for over 3 million people around the world and the unique and growing audience of policymakers, regulators, researchers, key opinion formers and the broader public. You are a key thought leader and conduit for Uber's public affairs and government relations around the world.
You will collaborate on global public policy development on Uber's safety strategies and practices. Your work will focus on educating and building support with key policy and research stakeholders, as well as working with teams across the business to advise Uber's safety efforts. In your role you will work with policy and operational stakeholders around the world to develop globally-relevant research, programs, and policy positions. This will include building and maintaining strong relationships with a network of third party experts and partners, executing educational campaigns, and promoting Uber's safety efforts with policy stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Work with Uber's teams at HQ and globally to inform Uber's products and business practices to promote safety.
- Work closely with internal teams on driver screenings, rider identity and quality, and rider and driver deactivation policies and procedures and their implementation across the globe.
- Partner with local policy teams to build strategies and campaigns that promote best-practice safety regulations that benefit users and cities across the globe.
- Own external relationships with third party specialists and researchers, advocacy organizations, and NGOs including:
- Develop partnerships and support research that inform and advance our policy efforts.
- Regular check-ins with key partners to develop content, measure sentiment, and identify areas where we can improve.
- Organizing and managing events, roundtables, and user forums including education seminars in each major mega-region.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research, trends, and stakeholders in safety and advise the business and assist in the development of corporate strategies based on policy directions and expectations from government and other stakeholders globally.
- Support local policy and communications teams in their engagement and advocacy efforts with the media, regulators and other key external stakeholders.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in government, an NGO or advocacy organization, or corporation.
- Strong written and verbal communication and influencing skills. Ability to work on deadline.
- Track record of project design, management, and execution.
- Experience working with and managing cross-functional internal stakeholders and ability to build trust and relationships with external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent Uber as a spokesperson.
- Experience working with or in corporations, the technology sector, or large organizations is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of public safety subject matter and relevant experts and stakeholders an advantage, particularly on background checks, screening processes and safety technology. Also demonstrated analytic capabilities to identify policy trends and assess business impacts.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber