Global Executive & Internal Communications Manager
Communications at Uber
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products--as well as the benefits of those products--front and center in every communication. Working closely with external communications, our Internal Communications team tells Uber's story to all the smart and talented employees who work hard to make our vision a reality: whether that's sharing company priorities, explaining our product roadmap, or connecting people across the world through our shared cultural norms.
Internal Communications team members help leaders communicate and interact with 20,000+ employees across 65 countries (and to their own organizations), in ways that resonate, inspire, and keep them connected to our vision, culture, and each other.
About the Role
We are looking for 2 people to join our Internal Communications team to lead our efforts related to 1) the core Mobility/Ridesharing business and 2) our People, Diversity & Inclusion business function. These roles would support the Senior Vice President of Mobility, the Vice President of Mobility Product, and Mobility Engineering leads; and the Chief HR Officer (CHRO) and the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO) respectively. In both roles, the leaders you'd support sit on Uber's Executive Leadership Team.
What You'll Do
- Building relationships with the executives mentioned above and acting as a strategic thought partner on their communications to their teams, and to the rest of Uber about their teams' work.
- Working with Policy & PR colleagues to align internal and external messaging, and to ensure consistency across comms strategies.
- Produce superb written internal communications and succinct talking points for executive leaders, and deliver constructive feedback.
- Supporting and executing regular P&P All Hands and other major internal events hosted by or related to these teams, including producing the executives' content and speaker notes and pre- and post-event communications.
- Partnering with other internal comms colleagues on people and culture initiatives.
- Helping create a vibrant culture that attracts and retains the best talent for Uber.
- Manage and translate complex business issues into compelling and clear messages
- Persuade, influence and respond to senior leaders and stakeholders; you are a confident and fact-based advisor to senior management who can balance multiple strategic directions and priorities
- High-quality copywriting, speech writing, presentation planning and delivery skills
- Drive communication activities to support transformation, change management and culture initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills: nonverbal and verbal, informing, presenting, engaging, convincing, aligning, advising senior executives
- Be culturally and politically sensitive; proven ability to take an inclusive approach by working internationally with central, regional and country organization
- A strategic vision and a hands on, 'no nonsense' mentality
- Strong empathetic skills: listening, adopting right tone of voice
- A trustworthy and dependable team player, with the ability to operate under your own direction and demonstrate high productive capacity
- 5+ years experience managing complex global internal communication programs in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- An excellent writer who can quickly understand and articulate what we need employees to know, feel, and do; distill complex ideas into simple, honest and compelling communications; and be attentive to detail and zoom in to master the details and zoom out to keep an eye on the big picture. You are also able to deliver succinct talking points and superb written communications for leaders.
- An experienced strategic thought partner who can work closely with executives and coach them.
- A skilled storyteller who is creative about how we tell those stories, from channels to format to timing, to get the right information out at the right time.
- A strong influencer: We succeed by building effective relationships, and using those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for Uber and employees. Communicating directly and respectfully, and thereby earning the confidence of our internal business partners, is paramount.
- _A nimble self-starter: _Uber is a company of entrepreneurs--we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable, calm under pressure, and able to drive progress amid ambiguity.
- _A team player: _Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams around shared goals. Our team has well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done, and who know when to lead and when to be a thought partner.
- _Highly organized: _We are a scrappy team who always has multiple projects in flight. You'll need to be well-organized and a project manager extraordinaire who can keep everything moving forward and everyone up to date.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber