Associate / Senior Associate, Strategic Finance
About the Role
As part of our Strategic Finance team, you will help scale the financial reporting, analytics, and planning capabilities at the unique intersection of total company Corporate Finance and FP&A partnering with large G&A functions. You will play a key role in all aspects of consolidated level reporting and make significant contributions to high-profile strategic and operational initiatives. So if you're ready to dive into a rewarding set of challenges and you've got the proven financial skills, experience, passion, and strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships - Working with G&A teams to develop financial forecasts, provide insights as it relates to financial performance, and improve ROI and accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Financial planning - support the monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-range planning processes
- Reporting - report out on G&A expenses, as well as underlying drivers of performance for the G&A org
- Variance analysis - conduct monthly variance analysis, and identify risk, opportunities, and mitigation measures
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to marketing initiatives
- Financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models,
- Run the ad-hoc analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further mitigate risks
- Drive projects to continuously improve, streamline, and automate various areas of the team's responsibility with ownership across reporting, forecasting, and planning processes
- Engage in the development of new processes and tools to deliver impactful and significant insights that drive decision making
- Minimum of 1.5+ years in Corporate Finance, FP&A, Accounting, Sell-side (Investment Banking or Equity Research), Management Consulting, and/or Buy-side experience
- Exceptional Excel & Deck Building skills; TM1 and/or SQL experience nice to have
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Ability to juggle - we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who has the capability to successfully multitask
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber