Strategic Operations Manager, Marketplace (Uber Eats)
About the Role:
Uber Eats is revolutionizing instant delivery and making dining effortless: from eating locally, to ordering groceries, to celebrating with a bottle of wine. The options are endless. Working at Eats means delivering on all possibilities, not just for customers, but for merchants trying to grow their business and for delivery people searching for earnings opportunities.
Within the Marketplace Operations team, you will ensure our customers and partners have the best experience possible when using our platform. That means delivering on our promise to deliver any order on time, at any time. In this role, you can work on many projects such as improving our reliability and timeliness, optimizing our consumer and courier pricing strategies, or even developing our next-generation processes to identify new fraud patterns.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who is passionate about designing and building creative solutions to our most complex problems! You will work closely with our Leadership Team, and drive alignment across the entire organization, including Product, Engineering, and Customer Support.
What You'll Do
- Proactively scope and lead multiple projects to improve quality and reduce fraud; take accountability for project outcomes, ensure delivery on project critical metrics, & keep others informed of progress
- Analyze sophisticated data, build models, and aggregate insights to drive key business decisions and policies
- Define critical metrics and develop dashboards to track business performance; report findings to senior leadership to define long-term strategy and decision-making
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other operations teams as well as Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc. to ensure insights inform broader critical initiatives
- Build a cohesive strategy for programs and solutions to build for our end-to-end ecosystem
- 1+ year of professional work experience in a related field (consulting, investment banking, technology, operations, strategy, or analytics)
- 2-4 years of professional work experience in a related field, such as consulting, investment banking, strategy, operations, or analytics
- Bachelor degree in related field
- Exceptional Excel and data management skills. SQL is a plus
- Python/R experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills; proven ability to balance multiple critical tasks and consistently delivering against hard deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to synthesize information quickly, to distill key takeaways, and to weave insights into a compelling story that clarifies and inspires
- An ability to build deep cross-functional relationships across a broad organization, foster a warm and collaborative work environment, and understand problems from diverse perspectives. Humility and empathy are critical to success in this role
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber