Engineering Manager - Service Config & Deploy
Uber Infrastructure is responsible for building and running Uber's data centers including building the different service offerings used by product teams to build and run Uber Eats, Uber Rides, and more.
The Service, Config, and Deployment (SCD) team is part of Uber Infrastructure. The team is responsible for building Uber's microservice platform managing the lifecycle and the deployment of code and configuration for all the microservices running across Uber's data centers. The team's mission is to build a microservice and configuration platform that enables product engineers to create, scaffold, deploy, scale, and setup their services and configuration reliably, safely and easily. The system is designed to be highly scalable, robust, and resilient.
What You'll Do
As a manager in the SCD team you
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to build roadmaps that aligns with the broader infrastructure vision
- Are responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
- Grow, coach, and develop a team of software engineers
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team
- Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
- Help define the future of Uber Infrastructure's Service Management Platform
- BS, MS or PhD degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience minimum with direct people management, including growing and mentoring junior and senior engineers
- 2+ years of coding experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or similar
- Experience with container platforms such as Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- Experience across the full tech stack (backend / mobile / frontend)
- Have proven track record working across a larger organization not just across teams
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada