Senior Technical Program Manager, Marketplace
About the Team
Uber's Marketplace team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role in executing high-impact org-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, a high bar for quality, and ambitious innovation. You will work alongside a cross-functional team from Engineering, Product, Data Science, Operations, etc. in a fast-paced environment to build and deliver technology solutions that power our ridesharing marketplace. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build innovative technologies that can handle the scale. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen.
A TPM in this role will structure and drive complex cross-team technical initiatives across diverse products and teams within Marketplace and gain a breadth of experience. Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with engineering/product leads to conceptualize solutions
- Project manage technical, complex, large scale, cross-team, cross-functional initiatives from planning to execution
- Organize/align multiple engineering teams for delivery and drive execution using milestones/KPIs
- Actively seek ways to standardize and ensure efficient execution
- Set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks, and communicating status to upper management and project stakeholders
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
- Proven experience of 5+ years as a TPM or Engineering Manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment with an overall experience of 8+ years.
- Strong technical experience in large distributed systems, ability to conceptualize and lead delivery in a microservice environment
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth-seeking. Understand sophisticated concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them were best suited.
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead.
- Be good at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or call out, as required.
- Computer Science degree, or related field
- Worked at a high paced, fast-growing, creative tech startup
- Experience at an established company with a strong TPM team
- Developer experience, including writing, testing, and deploying code
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber