Strategic Finance, Finance & Accounting
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Strategic Finance Associate as part of our Sales Finance team for Uber Eats. Uber Eats is a fast growing business and you would be partnering closely with the Sales and Sales Ops leadership for Uber Eats on key strategic decisions that drive restaurant selection on our platform.
If you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships - work closely with Sales leaders to develop financial sales forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- P&L planning - you will be the primary point of contact for all global sales finance initiatives (including building the P&L for restaurant segments, designing the forecasting process, goal setting, and modeling support)
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate - you can do it all
- Analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and create action
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights.
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise - Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization.
- Special projects and deal support - new initiatives always come up, as strengths emerge you will have the chance to chip in beyond traditional FP&A
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree (e.g,. Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting)
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in the technology industry, investment banking, or management consulting and with 2 years of relevant experience in Sales Finance or Operations preferably in a fast growing B2B environment
- Exceptional analytical skills - Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive; hands-on, detail oriented, positive attitude, and be able to summarize and translate complex models into initiatives and actions
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people, be able to challenge and align with the key stakeholders
- Self starter who embraces rolling up your sleeves; skilled at process optimization; thrives on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level ERP systems (Oracle, Tableau etc)
- Be able to deep dive into the details while not losing the big picture
- Strong personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust. Strong references from former employers and business partners; passion for building relationships
Bonus Points If
- MBA, CFA or CPA
- Technology, Marketplace, or Food Service experience
- SQL skills detail oriented with a focus on accuracy and process standardization
About the Team
The Uber Strategic Finance team is a global and inclusive team that excels at combining strategy and real numbers. We are partners and leaders helping to set the financial and strategic direction of the company.
We are embedded in all the global businesses and functions of Uber, setting the financial plans and operating cadence. However, our work really begins when the plans are set. We proactively connect the dots, set the course, and help the company deliver on its goals.
We also don't just say how it is. We are part of the team that finds and implements the solutions to our biggest challenges.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.