Please be aware that the Mid-Stay parking area is now closed and will reopen in April 2021. You may receive a penalty charge notice if you wait in the area in front of the Mid-Stay parking entry barriers, and you will not be able to receive requests. For the time being, you can wait for up to 2 hours for free in the Birchanger waiting area. Thank you for your cooperation!
London Stansted (STN) Airport
STN regulations for Uber partner-drivers
Per STN regulations, partner-drivers must adhere to the terms below or risk being fined by STN. If you're fined at the airport, Uber will not pay for fines on your behalf.
- All rider dropoffs must occur at the Express Set-Down
- All pick-ups must take place on row G after you've safely parked your car at the Short Stay Car Park Orange
- You may be asked to show your app, please do so in a timely manner
- There is a charge for re-entering within 30 minutes of first entering.
How drop-offs work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At STN, simply drop-off riders at Express Set-Down. It's important to keep the app on until you exit airport property.
How pickups work
It's easy to receive trip confirmations from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than others. To receive a trip confirmation at STN, you need to enter one of two waiting areas nearby.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the dedicated waiting area located at the Birchanger service station or Mid-stay parking. Note, waiting up to 1 hour in the Mid-stay parking is free, but there are charges for staying over 1 hour. Click here to find out the charges per hour in the Mid-stay parking.
- You’ll be placed in the queue for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-come, first-served basis
- Once you receive a trip confirmation, drive to the Short Stay Car Park Orange and meet your rider at row G.
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to ensure you can quickly meet each other
Please note that trips starting at London Stansted on uberX and uberXL follow the specific airport rates. For more information about the rates at the airport you can get a fare estimate
Where to wait at STN
Uber partner-drivers may wait for rides at the designated waiting areas only. You will not receive an airport trip confirmation outside of these areas (and may be issued a fine).
After entering the waiting area please keep in mind that:
- The waiting area "first come, first served"; upon entering you will be placed in the queue for the next trip
- If you leave the waiting area or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the queue
- Waiting at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a fine
Waiting areas are located at:
Mid-stay parking: Takeley, Stansted CM24 1PZ
Birchanger Green service station: Dunmow Rd, Bishop's Stortford CM23 5QZ
When is it busy?
Plan to be there at the busiest times by checking out the online arrivals board. Generally London Stansted is busiest during these hours:
If the queue for pickups is long, we recommend driving in a busy area instead of waiting.
Fees at STN