To get started, you'll need to have the following documents. Take a photo of each of them and upload them to your Uber account.
1. Driver's Licence
- 21+ years old
- Class 5 or equivalent (Class 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5)
- Not accepted: Class 5 Novice 1 or 2 and Class 7
A driver's licence is required to deliver with Uber Eats if using a car, but not if delivering using a bike.
2. Proof of work eligibility
Proof of work options include any of the following:
- Residency card
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Work permit
Proof of work eligibility is required to drive with Uber and to deliver (car and bike) with Uber Eats.
3. Certificate of Registration
- Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
- Vehicle must be registered in Saskatchewan
- Must have 4 doors. Cannot be rebuilt or salvaged.
- You are not required to own the vehicle
- Insurance must be in your name
- Name on insurance must be legible
For delivery with Uber Eats:
- Vehicle must be 1999 or newer for delivery
4. Mechanical Safety Inspection Certificate with a Light Vehicle Inspection
Your vehicle must pass a Light Vehicle Inspection by an approved mechanic. It's important to know that you must upload a photo of the document to your Uber profile within 30 days of passing the inspection.
5. Criminal Records Check with the Vulnerable Sector
After you complete you complete and pass your Criminal Records Check with the Vulnerable Sector at at the Saskatoon Police, upload a clear photo of the results to your Uber account.