Top places and times to deliver
Where to deliver
Major neighbourhoods are busy areas for UberEATS. Start delivering in these popular areas:
- Byward Market
- University of Ottawa
- Downtown Ottawa
You control your own schedule, just "go online" within the designated area and you will start to receive requests.
When to deliver
TIP: When the weather is extra cold, rainy, or snowy is when most delivery requests occur. Earn more by hitting the road during these times, but drive safe.
- Monday to Friday Lunch: 11am-2pm
- Monday to Friday Dinner: 6-9pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 12-9pm
Tip: Watch the weather
The days when the weather is extra cold, rainy, or snowy is when the most delivery requests occur. It's a great opportunity to earn but be sure to drive safe.
How to pack food
Your delivery bag
The UberEATS delivery bag has been specially chosen to ensure that food stays hot or cold and arrives as fresh as possible.
How to prevent spills and messy meals
- Check that the container's lid is secured tightly and facing up
- Place the food carefully and flat into the bag.
Be careful not to tip the bag on its side or upside down
If the container or pizza box is tilted on its side, the toppings will slide off the pizza and the food will slide to the edge of the container.
How to provide a door-to-door delivery experience:
- Drive to the pickup restaurant
- Park your car and pick up the order inside of the restaurant.
- Drive from the restaurant to the drop off location.
- Park your car and drop off the order at the door of the eater.
Get more information about the delivery, such as special instructions, parking tips, entrance information, etc., by swiping up on the bottom of your app's screen.
When you should contact a restaurant or eater:
- If you can’t find the restaurant or aren’t sure which entrance to use to go inside.
- If you can’t find the eater (customer) or are having trouble going inside their building.
- If anything is delaying you from reaching the restaurant or eater.
To contact the restaurant or the eater, tap the clipboard icon in the top right corner of your app.
Parking in Ottawa
We're here to help make parking downtown easier. Here are our PRO tips for parking:
- Place your OUT FOR DELIVERY sign on your dash to let people know you'll be right back.
- Check for special delivery instructions in the clipboard area of your app. It may have tips on parking and how to find the entrance.
- Many apartment buildings have areas where you can park for 5-10 minutes while delivering.
- Learn where the free parking spots and commercial loading zones are in Ottawa.
- Be sure that you are parked legally at all times.
Assistance en direct
If you have any questions while you are online and delivering, contact our live support team at 1-800-617-1979.
If you have a general question or concern, we are happy to help you at help.uber.com.