How UberEATS delivery works
By delivering UberEATS, you'll connect people with the food they love from local restaurants. It's easy to do and easy to get started. Watch the video below to learn what it's like to deliver with UberEATS.
Instructions for delivery drivers
1. Sign up online
Parlez-nous de vous et de votre voiture en créant votre profil chauffeur.
2. Vehicle requirements
To deliver with UberEATS in Edmonton, your vehicle must meet these minimum requirements:
- Model year must be 1998 or newer
- 2-door or 4-door vehicle
- Salvaged vehicles are allowed
- No commercial branding
- Vehicle inspection not required
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's licence: 21+ years old, Alberta Driver’s Licence Class 1, 2, 4 or 5 (non-GDL)
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, or work permit
- Vehicle registration: Registration must be in your name and name must be legible
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible
4. Background screening
After finishing your profile, come meet our team at the Uber Greenlight Hub to complete a background screening.
You will need to bring the following:
- Driver's licence
- 2nd piece of government ID
3-year driver's abstract (must be less than 30 days old)
It will review your driving record and criminal history.
Get a delivery bag
Once you're approved to deliver with UberEATS, we'll provide you with a delivery bag for a $15 refundable deposit. Meal delivery bags should be brought into each restaurant when you pick up food. Many restaurants will refuse to deliver food if it does not go into a thermal delivery bag.
Already and Uber partner? Earn with delivery too.
If you're already an Uber Partner, delivery is a great way to earn extra money during the week with your vehicle.
How to sign up for UberEATS delivery
Visit your nearest Greenlight Hub and our team will set up your account for delivery. You'll just need an insulated bag to ensure the food stays hot and fresh while en route. We can help you get one or you can bring your own.