Top places and times to deliver
Where to deliver
Major neighbourhoods are busy areas for UberEATS. Start delivering in these popular areas.
You control your own schedule, just "go online" within the designated area and you will start to receive requests.
When to deliver
- Monday to Friday Lunch: 11am-2pm
- Monday to Friday Dinner: 6pm-9pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 12pm-9pm
Tip: Watch the weather
The days when the weather is extra cold, rainy, or snowy are when the most delivery requests occur. Earn more by hitting the road during these times, but be sure to drive safe.
How to pack food
Your delivery bag
The UberEATS delivery bag has been specially chosen to ensure that food stays hot or cold and arrives as fresh as possible.
How to prevent spills and messy meals
- Check that the container's lid is secured tightly and facing up
- Place the food carefully and flat into the bag
- Be careful not to tip the bag on its side or upside down
- If the container or pizza box is tilted on its side, the toppings will slide off the pizza and the food will slide to the edge of the container.
How to provide a door-to-door delivery experience:
- Drive to the pickup restaurant
- Park your car and pick up the order inside of the restaurant
- Drive from the restaurant to the drop off location
- Park your car and drop off the order at the door of the eater
Get more information about the delivery, such as special instructions, parking tips, entrance information, etc. by swiping up on the bottom of your app's screen.
When you should contact a restaurant or eater:
- If you can’t find the restaurant or aren’t sure which entrance to use to go inside
- If you can’t find the eater (customer) or are having trouble going inside their building
- If anything is delaying you from reaching the restaurant or eater
To contact the restaurant or the eater, tap the clipboard icon in the top right corner of your app.
Conseils pour livrer avec Uber
Review the details
Watch out for important details such as pickup and drop-off locations, the order number (restaurants will ask you for this), and contact information. Make sure you have your delivery bag with you!
Check for special instructions
The restaurant may proivde helpful tips on parking and how to access restaurants or customers best.
Parking in Edmonton
We're here to help make parking downtown easier. Here are our PRO tips for parking:
- Place your OUT FOR DELIVERY sign on your dash to let people know you'll be right back
- Check for special delivery instructions in the clipboard area of your app. It may have tips on parking and how to find the entrance
- Many apartment buildings have areas where you can park for 5-10 minutes while delivering
- Learn where the free parking spots and commercial loading zones are in Edmonton
- Be sure that you are parked legally at all times
Foire aux questions
1. What happens if I can't find the customer?
The best way to make sure the food is delivered is to call/text the customer if you cannot find them - just tap on the clipboard icon in the upper righthand corner of your app for their contact info! After that, we recommend waiting 10 minutes for the customer to show up. If the customer is not there after 10 minutes, call us on our support line before cancelling the trip.
2. Do I have to deliver to the door?
UberEATS is a door-to-door service. Try your best to find a safe and legal parking space before heading inside.
3. Help! A customer wants to change their address. How does this work?
Currently, UberEATS customers have no way to change their address in the app, so customers may call or text you with a new address. Go ahead and deliver their order to the new address.
If the new address seems significantly farther away, give us a call at 1-800-617-1979 and one of our support representatives will let you know whether or not the address is within our service area. Once the trip is completed, just write in directly from your app and let us know the new address you delivered to, and we’ll be happy to adjust your fare.
4. Will Uber pay for my parking ticket?
Uber will not cover parking tickets. We recommend following the pickup instructions suggested by the restaurant.
If you have a general question or concern, we are happy to help you at help.uber.com.