Une course sans surprises
What is a Driver Abstract
Your driver abstract is a summary of your driving record. It includes your merit and demerit points, convictions and suspensions. You can order your personal abstract at your nearest registry location.
Your driver abstract must be for a 3 or more year period and have been obtained within the last 30 days.
You cannot have a single major conviction on your abstract (4 demerit points or more), no more than 3 minor convictions (3 demerit points or less)
You cannot have any licence suspensions or driving without insurance convictions.
Merit courses have no impact on abstract eligibility
Please obtain your 3-year personal driver's abstract from any Alberta registry and bring it to the Edmonton Greenlight Hub.
How to get a Driver Abstract
Visit your nearest registry
Your nearest Service Alberta registry can provide your Driver Abstract. You'll need to bring an accepted form of ID along with you.
Fill out application
Bring your application to a Service Alberta registry agent. Wait to sign and date your form in front of the registry agent clerk.
Foire aux questions
1. Where can I get my Driver Abstract?
All Service Alberta registries in Alberta should be equipped to provide your abstract.
2. How much does it cost to order a Driver Abstract?
- The cost may vary, but typically you can expect it to cost around $25.
3. How long does it take to get a Driver Abstract?
- Once you go to a registry and ask for your abstract, you should receive it shortly after payment while you are there.
4. How many years worth of history must I provide?
- Uber requires you to provide 3 or more years of driving history.
5. Does Uber accept a commercial abstract?
- Uber will accept both personal and commercial abstracts, provided the abstract meets the requirements.
6. Is it possible to have 4 demerit points and still drive for Uber?
- Yes, as long as those 4 demerit points were not the result of one single incident, and the total demerit points on your abstract does not exceed 4.
- Merit courses will have no effect on 4 demerit point convictions or on the overall number of convictions listed
7. What might cause me to fail the requirements?
- A failure to drive with proper insurance will cause you to not pass requirements.
- You also need to have no licence suspensions
Besoin d'aide ?
Visit the Greenlight Hub in Edmonton
If you have any questions about your Driver Abstract or any of the other steps to becoming a driver, we're here to help!
Come meet our team of Uber Experts at the Uber Greenlight Hub in Edmonton. We'll answer any questions that you have and help you get started.
Location: 10180 105st NW, Edmonton, AB