What You’ll Do
- Bring true rider obsession: internalize who our riders are and what needs they have. You’ll translate these needs in compelling rider offers.
- Be an advocate to constantly improve the richness in our data to develop more personalized user experiences.
- Partner closely with our data science and engineering teams to prioritize inputs to improve on or improve current models.
- Own a product roadmap that supports our riders interests, Uber’s goals and the Rider Engagement vision and objectives
- Lead the vision, definition, and execution (from targeting models to front end UI) of new offers across all 600+ Uber Cities
- Collaborate with local city teams to understand their needs and create scalable, managed tools to allow for rapid testing.
- Collaborate with Uber internal stakeholders, including the product operations, finance, legal, policy and global operations teams to ensure that our technology supports Uber's business objectives, globally
- Partner up with data science and engineering to design and implement experiments, and to turn learnings into globally scaled solutions.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5 years of product management experience
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities to leverage ML to solve difficult problems
- Intellectual curiosity and domain expertise in Machine Learning
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision and owning the narrative around that vision for leadership and stakeholders
- Strong customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap
- Experience working in a metrics and experimentation driven organization
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver extraordinary products
- Exceptional communication skills, both within your team and with leadership and stakeholders
- Academic background in computer science, data science, statistics, economics, or engineering
About the Team
The Marketplace group builds the platform, products, and algorithms responsible for the real time execution and online optimization of Uber's marketplace. We are building the brain of Uber, solving NP-hard algorithms and economic optimization problems at scale, in real time, making all of the decisions for Uber's marketplaces based on up-to-the-second data as well as forecasts of the future. And we're not just talking about designing algorithms - we also build robust production systems to power these algorithms from the ground up.
Our group's systems control the dynamics of all of Uber's markets, from our core personal transport business with UberX and UberPool, to Uber's emerging markets such as UberEATS and UberRUSH. We focus on areas like dynamic pricing (surge pricing, upfront pricing), intelligent dispatching (matching algorithms, dispatch paradigms), and supply positioning (optimal positioning of drivers in anticipation of demand patterns). The goal of these systems is to dramatically lower cost & ETAs for riders, increase revenue for driver partners, improve the overall efficiency and utilization of Uber's fleet of supply, and enable products in entirely new marketplaces.
Join us in blending user-centric design, algorithmic innovation in real time and machine learning and globally scaled business infrastructure, to bring the future of urban mobility to life.