About the job
We're looking for a Marketing Analyst on our Research and Marketing Analytics team to provide data expertise as we connect to foster growth and enhance user engagement. You possess a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytics insights, predictive modeling and technology used by marketing to achieve our bold supply and demand growth goals. You will help address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, optimization strategies, user behavior and channel effectiveness.
As a member of the marketing analytics team, you will also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated and help define what questions should be asked. You'll play an important part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop acquisition, retention and brand love.
You will offer a deep marketing-driven data perspective while collaborating closely with Finance, Strategy, Operations and AdTech. You will be on the forefront of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions through both offline and online efforts.
What you'll do
- Mine data and analytics at user level to gain a better understanding of their usage behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies
- Be a key partner on the performance marketing team. Collaborate during project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc
- Choose the proper metrics for tracking current and future experiments and marketing initiatives
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into users and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance
- Implement and analyze statistical tests like A/B tests or multivariate tests to provide understanding of marketing impact in business metrics.
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions
- Use tools such as Excel, SQL, R, Python and Tableau to work efficiently at scale
What you'll need
- A BS/MS in engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of analytical and database experience. Marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with a programming language for data access, transformation reporting and statistical modelling (e.g. SAS Base, R, Python)
- Ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Excellent data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool a plus
- To balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Resourcefulness - moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core qualification of our team
Bonus Points if
- Previous experience in Marketing roles
- Experience in Finance roles