The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers who ensure that their products - as well as the benefits of these products - are central to every communication. Our team is responsible for telling Uber's story to a wide range of media and external audiences across the Nordics region.
We are looking for someone to lead our communications in the Nordics region, based in Stockholm. You will report directly to our Communications Manager EU & Northern Europe. This role will involve:
- Working on Uber communications for Uber & Uber Eats in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark.
- Further building Uber’s brand and profile with the media and third parties;
- Working to tell our story—and the story of ridesharing—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and the general public;
- Combining management of a busy press office with proactive communications projects across the region;
- Managing relationships with journalists and external stakeholders such as opinion formers and third parties;
- Providing strategic support for the business and policy objectives in the region;
- External agency management.
What We’re Looking For
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. You’ll be used to working calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- A great advocate: We’re looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple but credible arguments. You are a strong writer and have the ability to tell stories - about our product and the ways we’re working to improve life for riders, drivers and cities.
- A campaigner: We succeed by putting together effective campaigns that make a broader case for the riders and drivers who use our app. You'll work together with our public policy team to find ways to creatively engage and inform the general public.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to work cross-functionally and organise around shared goals. We're looking for someone who has experience working on complex projects to get stuff done.
Ideally you would have around 6-10 years communications experience. But we’re open to people with experience in other walks of life (e.g. marketing, journalism, the law), who intuitively get this stuff and are interested in pursuing a different career. Fluency in Swedish and English, both oral and written, is required.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.