We are looking for a dynamic recruiting leader to help us scale our EMEA Operations Recruiting team. This will be a multi-faceted role that will include partnering with senior leadership across all lines of business to design, plan, and execute a top-tier recruiting strategy as well as further developing Uber’s recruiting process and brand. In this role, you will be working in a passionate and high-performing team with a proven ability to succeed.
You’ll be leading a high-performing, remotely distributed team of 25 to deliver a world-class recruiting function. Each business across Uber’s platform is unique, more mature businesses like Rides, the hyper growth Eats business and the soon to be hyper growth Jump & Freight.
This person will be an integral part of the ERLT and a key stakeholder in helping to elevate our leadership capability in EMEA recruiting, including 13 people managers, and team of 130+
At Uber, everyone is a leader and for this role, you will:
- Be embraced as a talent thought partner and collaborate with regional Ops leadership to catalyze, co-create and drive hiring plans, talent strategies, priorities, and process improvements.
- Build, manage and inspire the highest performing Operations Recruiting team that can scale for the future, using metrics and coaching to develop recruiters
- Partner with Uber senior leadership team and hiring managers to determine innovative strategies to recruit top talent
- Leverage technology, using data, metrics and analysis to identify opportunities, optimize processes and evaluate the performance of the function
- Develop, automate, and scale recruiting processes and tooling in line with our cultural values - while partnering with company leaders and recruiting leads
- You've seen scale on a mega-regional basis; having operated and successfully navigated in a high-growth, complex environment before, you fundamentally understand the levers that allow for recruiting to scale: team, process, brand, leadership, communication, tools, etc.
- 10+ years of recruiting and management experience (at least 5-8 years in a technology company preferred)
- Track record of high-performing design and execution in Operations Recruiting
- Expertise in the tactics and strategy of recruiting including sourcing, managing candidates, competitive situations, etc.
- Coaching and mentorship for sustaining high performance in a strong team
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and superior analytical skills
- Proven credentials using data, metrics and analysis in a recruiting management context
- Able to partner with senior leadership on high priority areas in the business that adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong team player who emphasizes team success over individual success
- Excellent organization and communication skills with great attention to detail while focusing on deadlines and managing concurrent high priority initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA desirable but not required
Leadership and Management
- Possesses a passion for excellence with the ability to inspire others to the highest standards through leading by example.
- Credibility and gravitas to garner the respect of the executive team, People team, as well as other stakeholders.
- Committed to attracting and retaining the brightest minds from all backgrounds, while cultivating the power of a diverse organization.
- Demonstrates a primary, intense concern around leading and motivating others. Must be able to inspire and energize others to support the vision of Uber.
- Solicits the involvement of the team in building a sense of ownership.
- Must have the confidence to act quickly and decisively when it requires such agility.
- Inspires teams to accomplish goals and objectives; responds quickly to complex situations to problem solve, while effectively working across the organization.
- A strategic forward-thinker with a participatory management style and team-building skills.
- A team player by nature, but a strong leader with an open and direct style.
- A strong communicator. The successful candidate will have the maturity and empathy to resolve potential issues when working with multiple personalities.
- The successful candidate will bring, through past successes, immediate credibility as an extremely capable business leader and expert.
- Ability to keep cool under pressure and not react to surprises critically – drives to understand the issue and solve the problem.
- Able to balance the role of strategist with urgency while simultaneously managing delivering results in a growing and very fast-paced environment.
- An individual with emotional intelligence to attract world-class talent and to enable organizational competence in the midst of pervasive change.
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, and deploying top talent at all levels and an equal ability to consistently top-grade the organization while simultaneously reducing costs and cycle times.
- Skill in defining, leading, and managing change.
Employees are given Uber credits every month.
The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.